Home Forums Protect US Workers Forum & Stories Indians hiring other Indians over qualified US Worker.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2419 |

One topic that is not discussed, is that once an Indian becomes a manager and is hiring they prefer hiring other Indians.

I have witnessed and experienced this. I have been denied the opportunity to interview for a management position that I was more than qualified for than the candidate that was hired. The hiring manager kind of smirked at me. The candidate ended up being a friend who had no previous management experience. I have also seen H1B’s be hired into positions without the position being posted.

Profile photo of KevinKevin
    Participant

I had an Indian manager who would ALWAYS overlook qualified local candidates in favor of bringing in Indian candidates, often waiting 2-3 months for their H1B visas to clear, and in the meantime forcing everyone else to work nights and weekends to make up for it. One of my responsibilities was interviewing candidates, but I was quickly removed from that role when I would recommend local qualified (and non-Indian) candidates who could have started immediately. I was then placed in charge of doing phone or video interviews for candidates in India, and if I didn’t recommend them for hire, I was basically told to overlook their shortcomings because “we need resources now”.

Profile photo of John E CoreJohn E Core
    Participant

I went to a high paying tech “interview” at B****berg 2 years ago, and knew the minute I went into the room that it was a waste of my time. The manager and the other 5 guys were Indian. 2 of the people in the room did not speak English.

Profile photo of Anonymous

John and Kevin,

Great at least Americans start understanding that there is a reverse discrimination exists and hiring process is rigged against them. Let me tell you that these guys are from South India– you can tell from their look, height and mannerism– and from caste ridden society. Indians from other areas becoming more egalitarian and they are very fair especially when comes to USA.

Why they don’t hire you:
    1) You will be whistle blower and inform about their kickbacks and hiring practices. It will be their absolute nightmare
    2) You will be more competent and work set numbers of hours–generally 8 hours, and in 8 hours you will be more productive. They feel huge pressure.
    3) You don’t gel in their environment–they avoid speaking english and stick to their culture. It is always cumbersome to deal with cross cultures.

Here are the ways you will be rejected:

1) If you joins or pass through interview you will be setup for failure
    2) During interview they ask you irrelevant questions–they think books are word of God– and their cronies already know about the project and interview process. So if there is an American on the interview board he will be deceived by assuming you are incompetent.
    3) They created hostile work place by following practices that is only suitable to slaves–working 9-9 and attending late night sessions for overseas call.
    4) Finally, bY hiring you the hiring manager will not get his cut. These people hardly care about salaries, they want project where they can they take kickbacks. Sometimes they earn 50k per month. Don’t go by their lifestyle.

BTW I’m North Indian US Citizen and heavily discriminated.

Thanks,
    S Mann

Profile photo of Anonymous

The headline should be: “South Indians hire other South Indians over any qualified Non-South Indian Worker”.

Profile photo of Play4KeepsPlay4Keeps
    Participant

I had an Indian manager for over 3 years. He didn’t hire me and I didn’t accept a position working for him. It was an unfortunate result of a company reorganization. He only promoted Indians and he only hired Indians during my tenure working for him. I became one of the only US software engineers working for him. I would say to any engineer who finds themselves in this position to run for the door. I wasted too much time dealing with his prejudice. I have since been laid off having to train the last Indian he hired to replace me. Before, this experience, I felt I needed to be PC and have an open mind to working different cultures especially the Indian culture but how naive I was. I should have demanded at the time of the reorg not to be placed under an Indian manager on a H1B visa. It was bound not to end well.

Profile photo of HarryHarry
    Participant

Indians are the most dumb people. I mean why dont they invent any software product worth the name. All they do is get people to work with some software for a few months and then get them to fill the slot.

Profile photo of pretty Womenpretty Women
    Participant
    Profile photo of pretty Womenpretty Women
    Participant

There are many IT specialized knowledge in United States. Since, H1 b workers are highly underpaid. Companies end of hiring underpaid people, in which they end up training local indian people.
    (Fake) Indian IT companies like Cognizant, Wipro, http://cubicit.net/ and many more list companies in following link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_IT_companies.
    End up hiring un- experience people with “no IT back ground or real education”, having these people lie on their resume and putting them to IT job for lower paid.

Profile photo of SiddRSiddR
    Participant

I work for a tech company in California. I’ve seen my company’s “Diversity” reports. Of all US workers, 64% are Asian, mostly Indian. This is a big problem. This is not diversity. This is diversity gone bad.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of SiddR SiddR.
    Profile photo of RichardRichard
    Participant

I agree with what I read. I work for the oldest financial institution in the US. It is apparent that Indian managers only hire other Indian managers. From the CIO all the way down. I have not done any official count, but it’s probably at least 50% or more and growing. I had a similar experience to one mentioned. Interviewed for a management position and 3 of the 5 interviewers were Indian. Also, like many companies they preach diversity and inclusion to the exclusion of white males.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.