Home Forums Protect US Workers Forum & Stories Big IT company let all of my peers go, am I next?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2761 |

I have worked for one of these IT companies that has been sending jobs overseas and I worry every day that my job will be next. I have seen so many people be let go and I have had to train people to take the jobs of other US employee’s. I started with a group of 12 people in my location and all 11 others have been let go from my company. I have seen numerous others let go that I have met along the way. The severance packet that they give has been cut so when it is my turn my reward for staying at this company will be less severance. It is not a matter of “IF” it is a matter of “When” will I lose my job. My final thing and why I have posted this is, what steps should I take when this occurs, how does it work? Does my manager call me and with an HR person present tell me “Your job has been terminated”, most of my peers are afraid of discussing it in fear of losing the severance package. That’s all I have got to say about that!

I saw the package on 60 minutes and can relate to the “Knowledge transfer” and other terms, the latest one is “offshoring” and “near-shoring”
    Thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.